Saturday, January 9, 2010

Surname Saturday: Knura

The Knura surname in my family tree is almost synonymous with difficult. Not only the people who carry it are hard to find information on, but I can't even find out the meaning or the exact geographical origin of the surname!

I know the surname Knura is most likely from German or Polish origin, but other than that, I really can't say anything about it.

As to the people who carry it, well, let's just say that while my mother and my grandfather Adolph Knura are 'easy' (and for my grandfather that's only true from when he came to the Netherlands), the rest of the Knura's are not so easy. Adolph Knura's father is known only by his name: Bergmann Josef Knura. That's it.

Not much, is it? Ah well, I hope to be able to change that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment